The Goal of AWANA
AWANA is an acronym and comes from the first letters of the phrase "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed" (2 Timothy 2:15) and is an international evangelical children's ministry.
Awana provides students in preschool through high school with weekly programs and Bible training to learn the gospel through Bible memory verses. The goal of Awana is that these students would come to know, love and serve Jesus Christ as Lord.
Awana was founded as a youth program at the North Side Gospel Center in Chicago, Illinois. Their goal was to develop a program that would appeal to young people, reach them with the gospel and train them in the Lord’s work. Today, Awana program can be found in over 15,000 churches in 110 countries..
The Needs of AWANA
1. To reach children with the gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him. Also, to train children to become lifelong disciples of Jesus and to spread the gsopel by learning the Bible and scripture memorization in the early years of life.
2. To spread the gospel to non-Christian children and their parents by bringing friends to weekly clubs.
3. To provide an opprotunity to youth to serve as Awana leaders and leaders in training.
KCPC Awana Clubs
- Cubbies (4-year old; no club for 3 year-old kids)
- Sparks (K - 2nd Grade)
- T&T (3 - 6th Grade)
- Treks (7th and 8th Grade)
- Meets every Wednesday 7:00 pm - 8:50 pm
Awana Schedule (2008-2009)
9/17/2008 AWANA Leaders Prayer Meeting
9/24/2008 First AWANA night. TT Sparks Parents Orientation. Cubbies VIP Night
10/11/2008 AWANA Ministry Conference
10/15/2008 Handbook Night #1
10/29/2008 Fall Family Night break
11/12/2008 Theme Night #1 : Backward Night
11/26/2008 Thanksgiving break
12/17/2008 Handbook Night #2
12/24/2008 Christmas break
12/31/2008 New Years break
1/14/2009 Theme Night #2 : Dot/Measles Night
1/31/2009 Bible Quizzing
2/8/2009 AWANA Store
2/18/2009 Handbook Night #3
2/21/2009 Grand Prix
3/11/2009 Theme Night #3 : Flashlight Night
4/8/2009 Spring Break
4/22/2009 Handbook Night #4
5/13/2009 Last Night of AWANA/ Store
5/20/2009 Award Ceremony/ Leader Appreciation/ Party
Click to see Awana announcements.
Please send an email to email@example.com